The Jr. Accountant position maintains and records business transactions, balances ledgers, reconciles accounts, and prepares financial reports and supporting schedules as assigned by the Controller or CEO/President of the company.
- Maintain accounts payable system records
- Ensures company is billed the proper amount as reflected on the company purchase order, and researches any discrepancies between the PO and the invoice.
- Post/Upload invoices into the computer system.
- Prepare journal entries on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and assists with month end closing.
- Reconcile bank accounts and prepare general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist in refunds, store credits, etc. for customer satisfaction.
- Assist in preparation of 1099’s.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with our suppliers.
- Process or prepares more complex or technical financial accounting documents, including special projects..
- • Receives minimal direction and uses knowledge and experience to exercise independent judgment.
- Makes bank deposits and takes time sensitive mailings to the Post Office.
- Follow all accounting procedures set up by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business preferred. Minimum requirement – Associate’s degree in Accounting.
- At least 2 years experience in full cycle accounting required.
- Enhanced understanding of accounting principles.
- Advanced knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the accounting field.
- Familiarity with accounts payable cycle is required.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Experience using accounting software, Sage preferred.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills within a multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrates the value of being a team player through his/her actions.
- Ability to execute under accelerated time frames and quickly adapt to change in priorities.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
Performance Behavior Requirements (Competencies): The following list describes the performance behaviors necessary to meet the minimum requirements.
- Entrepreneurship: Performs work with a constant awareness of improving processes necessary for positive growth. Uses extensive knowledge and skill to take calculated risks and does so confidently and successfully.
- Innovation: Develops innovative ideas and incorporates them effectively into work processes. Works with others to incorporate these positive ideas into daily practice. Assists others in implementing their ideas and makes recommendations for further improvements.
- Perseverance: Has the ability to complete tasks ahead of schedule while assisting others on techniques to improve their performance. Always willing to go the extra mile to complete projects on schedule. Does not give up on tasks until completed in a quality manner.
- Professionalism: Encourages and reminds others to act in a businesslike and professional manner. Takes extra effort to improve knowledge and skills to be the best in the profession. Adheres to the highest level of professionalism by demonstrating honesty, integrity and maturity
- Rigor/Self-Discipline: Communicates clearly and effectively to others the steps in a process and the importance of following that process. Clearly understands the rationale for why processes must follow certain steps. Can identify multiple projects and prioritize them in order to meet required deadlines. Can take exiting project information and align others effectively within the department to achieve desired results.