Under general supervision, prepares and expedites shipments for ground and/or freight.
- Compares identifying information and weighs or measures outgoing equipment to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Determines labeling requirements.
- Prepares and affixes shipping labels on items identifying shipping information in an accurate manner including any special labels that are customer required.
- Reports defects or questionable condition of equipment to Shipping Manager.
- Monitors inventory of shipping materials and supplies and alerts Shipping Manager for re-orders of same.
- Moves heavy equipment to include loading and unloading of transport vehicles and through out the warehouse.
- Operates fork lift equipment.
- Wears the proper safety equipment.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent; three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some college coursework is preferable.
- Some knowledge of warehouse safety and accident prevention.
- Ability to communicate verbally or in written form effectively with internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrates the value of being a team player through his/her actions.
- Ability to execute under accelerated time frames.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change in priorities.
- Computer literate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; with bending, and twisting. The employee must also use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds.