As the weather heats up, your patrons need cool, refreshing drinks, and nothing quenches their thirst better than a frozen beverage. Restaurants and bars with frozen drink machines see heavy use of them during the summer months. Because these machines typically run 24/7, it’s important to maintain them now to get ready for the upcoming rush.
Establishing a maintenance and cleaning routine will help ensure your frozen drink or slush machine works well without disruption. The experts at ACityDiscount.com recommend considering the following:
- Clean condenser filter A frozen drink machine will have a condenser filter that prevents dust and other airborne debris from reaching the condenser. Filters can be cleaned and should be changed out regularly to ensure the machine won’t overheat or break down.
- Clean condenser coil The condenser coil releases heat that is produced by the machine while making the frozen drinks. A clean coil helps the machine freeze liquid faster and, therefore, use less energy. Clean the coil before the rush season starts and every week during regular use.
- Assess location Where is your frozen drink machine located? The machine requires space for good airflow to work properly. Additionally, make sure no other appliances are venting hot air onto the machine. If so, consider reconfiguring the space.
- Hire a skilled technician Not only can a professional properly tune-up your machine, he or she can provide expert insight into any issues that may be developing so they can be fixed prior to the rush season. Schedule a visit from a professional service tech one to two times a year.
- Clean and sanitize Whether your machine is currently in use or has been sitting in storage, remove all workable parts to properly clean and sanitize them. Don’t forget to open the panels to check for any leaks that may have occurred, and clean and repair as necessary.